PDA

View Full Version : It works perfect before putting it into dreamweaver

tony09uk
03-13-2011, 05:21 PM
I have exported my video as an FLV file. In doing so a FLV and SWF file has been created. I have selected the option for full screen and when I preview it immediately after export all works well within the browser (it has it's own playbar which includes a full screen mode option).

I have added the FLV and SWF files to a folder in Dreamweaver. I then drag the FLV file into the required location on the page. Dreamweaver does it's stuff, but adds a play bar of it's own. So when I preview the page in the browser, the video has a different play bar and it will not go full screen (as none of the Dreamweaver skins provide that option).

What am I doing wrong?

DWcourse
03-13-2011, 06:03 PM
You need to provide your own player with a full screen option. Flowplayer is one option: http://flowplayer.org/download/index.html

tony09uk
03-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Ok thanks, how come it wont accept the playbar that is below the video when i view it in directly from the file into my browser

Ricky55
03-13-2011, 11:26 PM
It's just how you have chosen to embed the flv by dragging you are not getting the options. Try placing your cursor in the location you want the video then do import flv dreamweaver will then ask you what skin you want use.

tony09uk
03-14-2011, 02:18 PM
I've tried file>import but the only options it gives me there is is xml into template and tabular data. I then tried insert>media>flv... that then brought up the usual options. So I chose progressive download browse>my video and the below option gave a choice of 9 skins, non of which were mine and no option to add the one it comes with.

DWcourse
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
To use a viewer other than the ones built in to DW, you'll need to hand code it.

tony09uk
03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Ok, There is some code in the video created, I will give that a try

tony09uk
03-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks for your help, in the end it was a simple job, but as with so many things it seems so much easier once you can do it :D