PDA

View Full Version : Firefox not recognizing my internal website links

jkuras2010
03-11-2011, 02:26 PM
HELP - I created a website with a CSS template. Everything works fine except the internal links backlinking to other parts of the site ONLY IN FIREFOX. I am searching and reading and do not know what the fix is.

I have tried several suggestions. This is so frustrating since it is only one browser but so many people use it.

Does anyone know? I am using Dreamweaver and just linking to pages within the site from text I have written in the content pages.

HELP PLEASE!!!:(

Corrosive
03-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Do you have a link please?

jkuras2010
03-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Thank you. I was going crazy.

Corrosive
03-11-2011, 06:32 PM
So what had you done wrong?

artsee83
04-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi, I was just wondering what it was that fixed this problem. I'm having this same issue with a website I'm designing.

Here is the link: http://bigbugs.com/redesign/services.html. The list of links on the right will not work in Firefox. It's almost like Firefox isn't even registering them as text (I can't highlight them like I can other links).

I've already run an eval on this page and everything is fine.

Please give me any assistance that you can.

Thanks.

domedia
04-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Your main content is set to position: relative.
Remove it and you're fine.

Or decrease the width of mainContent. It's currently placed over you sidebar.

artsee83
04-12-2011, 10:11 PM
The "relative" was left over from something else so thanks for pointing that out.

I've been having so much trouble with this website. It's like it's possessed or something. I think the reason I'm having trouble is because I'm using templates more. I haven't gotten extremely complicated with them but they keep tripping me up.

Do you have a resource where I could learn more about templates? I looked in the help section but I really don't understand a word of it.

domedia
04-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't know if there's any other way. Give it some time and see if you understand it later. If not, this might not be for you :-/
OR ditch Dreamweaver and the template system all together and use a regulat code editor.

artsee83
04-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I understand the general concept of templates. The part I don't understand is how to put templates within templates and how to get a little more dynamic with them. I don't want to give up using Dreamweaver because I'm starting to work on more complex website with many pages and I don't want to have to go back to updating a small thing in the heading or nav on every single page.

Corrosive
04-13-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd use server side includes all the day over templates; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/php-includes.php much easier to deal with. Also you can keep your .html extensions with a simple .htaccess rewrite. Worth considering I think.