PDA

View Full Version : Templates not working like they used to (color of clickable words). Dreamweaver MX

fishugly
03-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Hope I can make this understandable.

When I "create" a new page from my template, the color of the clickable words in my navigation bar aren't the color they're supposed to be. When I open the "template" alone and preview it in my browser, the color is as it's supposed to be. It's only when I "create" a new page that they are not correct. The words are blue with an underline then turn red and remain red after I click on them. They're supposed to be grey and remain that color.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the CSS Styles....but I don't know. It's been so long since I built the site that I can't remember much about CSS. I'm baffled too as I didn't change anything. All was working fine till just recently.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Corrosive
03-04-2011, 04:02 PM
You've probably got some CSS srtyles between your head tags that aren't coming over to a new page. Try and put all your CSS in one external stylesheet and link that to every page. That should cure it :)

DWcourse
03-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Other possibilities include:

You don't have the local info for your site set up correctly.

The link to your style sheet isn't correctly updating in the new page. (could be caused by the above, we'd need to see the code of you page).

fishugly
03-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks, guys. I'll take a look into those suggestions when I get time.

I don't get it though. I've used the template dozens of times before without a single issue....and I haven't changed a thing.

fishugly
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
If it changes any of the possibilities, I just checked the other templates and the same problem affects those too.

Corrosive
03-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Post code for a page where the problem exists or even post a link if it is live and we'll take a look. As DWCourse says, we are guessing at the moment!

fishugly
03-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Post code for a page where the problem exists or even post a link if it is live and we'll take a look. As DWCourse says, we are guessing at the moment!

Thanks! I figured out a way to work around the issue and don't need the templates at this time. However, it's something I need to correct so when I get time, I will certainly post some links.

Have a great weekend.