PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic List Menu to Details Page

cnl83
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Im using dreamweaver cs4, php, and mysql.

Im simply populating a dynamic list menu, with a go button that goes to customerdetails.php.

I want the details page to populate all of the details about the particular item selected. On the details page I created a dynamic table, but it populates the first record in the table but not the record selected on the previous page.

PLease help! Thanks

davidj
03-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I guess you are using the dreamweaver built in php wizard tools

drag and drop code yes?

cnl83
03-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I guess you are using the dreamweaver built in php wizard tools

drag and drop code yes?

Yes, but I realize there will be some hardcoding.

On the customerdetails.php page, I have
<input name="customerfield" type="text" value="<?php echo $_POST['customers'] ?>" size="20" maxlength="20" readonly="true" />

It displays the correct customer id, but I want the name, phone, notes, to display as well. I can't figure out how to do this.

davidj
03-03-2011, 09:52 PM
fancy learning how without the wizards?

cnl83
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
fancy learning how without the wizards?

What do you mean?

I have been creating web sites for some time. I just dont do much php programming. What wizards?

Basically, I connected to sql db, created a recordset, dynamic list, ect.

cnl83
03-03-2011, 09:59 PM
If someone helps me figure out how to populate the details page, it would open my understanding quite a bit. I know hard coding is the way to go. This is dreamweaver club right? lol
You would think adobe would have made this a bit easier by now.

cnl83
03-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Ill answer my own question. All I needed to do was create a recordset with a filter. Once the recordset is created then you just create your form. Easy easy in dreamweaver now.

davidj
03-04-2011, 10:40 AM
great. Pleased you sorted it

If ever you want to learn how to code let me know.

peterbata
04-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Hello cnl83. I am glad to see that you got things sorted out. Perhaps you can help shed some light on a similar situation that I am having. At least, I believe it to be similar. I have a form made up of fields detailing a customers information. I would like the very first field to be a drop-down list showing the customer number. Once selected from the drop-down menu, all other fields relating to this particular client should automatically be filled in. Is this the type of challenge that you were facing? Thank you in advance. Peter

Ill answer my own question. All I needed to do was create a recordset with a filter. Once the recordset is created then you just create your form. Easy easy in dreamweaver now.

theman68
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi guys im having the exact same problem.
i have everything set up and i know that i just need to set up a filter in the record set but no matter what i do i never get a user name and the customers details showing up. so also like the guy above it would be fantastic if you could help shed come light on how to do it. am i right when i say that i need to use the session cookie option and then something else from there?
ok thanks for the help and look forward to your reply cheerse

edbr
04-26-2011, 02:01 AM
how do you pass the unique info to the detail page? it could be a session as you suggest.