PDA

View Full Version : New to site

Desertsailor
03-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Hello, I am new to the site and doing some investigating about DreamWeaver. I am looking for a website development software and am interested in DreamWeaver. However, support is critical for me. I have investigate DreamWeaver's support on line and find that most reviews are not good. What I have read is that support services are from India and India is not doing well in providing support. The other concern is that Adobe seems not to care. Am I incorrect in my research? Any real life experience input would be most appreciated. Thanks, Desertsailor

DWcourse
03-02-2011, 02:44 AM
I love Adobe but the fact is, that like most complex software products, you're going to have trouble getting the support you feel you want from the manufacturer. This isn't just an Adobe problem, it's just the way it is.

That said there are a lot of great sources (books, websites, videos, etc.) for learning about Dreamweaver. This forum is one of them (and, in my experience, more responsive than the Adobe forum although I've seen some improvement there).

My advice would be to give the 30-day free trial a try and ask a lot of questions here, the Adobe forum and anywhere else you find and see if there is enough support in the community to meet your needs.

edbr
03-02-2011, 04:08 AM
dreamweaver has its pros and cons, to use from a beginer (if thats what you are) you can be very happy with it, but it is only an editing program you will need to aquire an understanding of site structure, html and css. if not Dw can trap you. this is not a critisism of the software , which is excellent as a be all for everyone it is just a tool in the end.

welcome to the forum, and whether you decide on dw or another chice of editor i hope we can help you if you need it

Desertsailor
03-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Thank you both for the responses. I appreciate the insight.

Corrosive
03-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the forum.