PDA

View Full Version : Edit a Hand-Coded Web Site with Dreamweaver

mcfarnell
03-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Greetings everyone,

I am a web developer who prefers to hand-code web sites using PHP includes, XHTML and CSS. Dreamweaver is a great program, just not my style. However, I met with one of my new clients last week, and they are currently using Dreamweaver CS4 to update their current web site. They have hired me to create their new web site, and they would prefer to keep using Dreamweaver to update their new web site. The problem is, I hand code my web sites. Do you know how this will work once they try to edit the site using Dreamweaver? Is there a way I can hand code Dreamweaver templates? What would be the best way to approach this?

Thank you!

edbr
03-02-2011, 12:47 AM
download a trial and see for your self, dw is at base an editor.

DWcourse
03-02-2011, 04:00 AM
You should be able to hand code a page, open it in Dreamweaver, insert editable regions and then save the page as a template for their use.

If all you are using php for is includes it won't be an issue. If you are using php for other things, the php will show up as an icon. Whether this will cause problems for your client will depend on the client.

Like edbr says, the solution is to download the program (free 30-day trial) and see what you think. And, as he also pointed out, you can edit code directly in Dreamweaver and ignore (or hide) the design view.