PDA

View Full Version : Template.dwt vs Template.dwt.php

Daniel Braun
02-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Good Afternoon! I am a little stumped on a template question. Because I will be using php, dreamweaver created Template.dwt.php next to my site Template.dwt, meaning that now I have 2 templates - I would like to know if I am ok to toss the first .dwt template or do I infact need both.

Thank you very much for you time!

DWcourse
02-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Well, you should only need the .dwt.php template as long as it isn't a nested template based upon the .dwt template.

Daniel Braun
03-04-2011, 10:57 AM
So every html page I apply this template to changes to a .php file, meaning that now I have 1 .html and 1 .php page.

I didn't think I needed to revert all of the pages to .php, but dreamweaver is assuming that I want to do this.

While I was surfing the forum I saw a message where to add a piece of code to the htaccess page (now I can't find where I saw it) that will treat any .html as a .php.

Am I better off making all pages a .php (will be ecommerce site), or will that line of code in htaccess remedy this for me?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance! Very much appreciated!

Corrosive
03-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Am I better off making all pages a .php (will be ecommerce site), or will that line of code in htaccess remedy this for me?

You should be able to do it either way (sorry that isn't a definitive answer). Personally I'd be using a shopping cart platform with URL rewrites (using htaccess) that display as 'friendly'.

The rewrite code from .php to .html is (on apache);

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm

by the way :)

Daniel Braun
03-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Thank you for adding that piece of code Corrosive.
After trying a few ecommerce platforms like zencart and foxycart, I have been using Livesite because of it's versatility (or so I thought).

Corrosive
03-05-2011, 01:57 PM
After trying a few ecommerce platforms like zencart and foxycart, I have been using Livesite because of it's versatility (or so I thought).

Not tried Livesite I'm afraid. We use Prestashop for clients. Have tried Zencart in the past and find the admin area way too clunky and confusing for clients. I know what FoxyCart is but never had call to use it :)