PDA

View Full Version : works in FF and IE but not Chrome?

roseanna
02-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Asked for a friend.

Can anyone tell why this site is not viewed properly in Chrome when it works in both FF and IE - it's the menu, it looks like it sits underneath the picture, but it should sit to the left as it does in the other browsers.

I haven't tried to fix a site that works in FF but not in Chrome - usually its IE that causes me problems, and the others works fine.

Any suggestions? Could it be as simple as the picture dimensions is a bit off?

www.dyekjaers.dk

johnMoss
02-27-2011, 03:31 PM
On line 27 you have inserted a table tag inside a paragraph tag [and a font tag also]. Your tags are also improperly closed, so Chrome is following its own tag precedence rules in determining the menu position.

Very pretty work you've done but this page is rife with errors.

There are too many to list but first things first you need to define your html, there currently isn't any and also close your html tag at the end of the page.

You have several p tag issues also, as in closed too many times in one section, unopened in another... Take your code line by line and evaluate your tags, clean those up & then see how it works...

roseanna
02-27-2011, 04:30 PM
wow is it really that bad?

well, I didnt do this site, she just wanted me to ask for her - she is using a CMS based website, so neither her or I have access to the coding. She just started having trouble with Chrome a few weeks ago and I couldn't figure out why.

Thanks a lot ;) I will be making her a new site shortly, so she can have a newer site without tables, and problems in Chrome ;)

johnMoss
02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
More experienced contributors than I on this site don't make too big a deal about validation, but when I ran yours a whole slew of issues popped up, many of which will evaporate once the tags are properly closed & your HTML type is declared. A key point to make here is that understanding how HTML works is going to be a requirement if you want to use Dreamweaver as your editor. Dreamweaver for example will usually stop you (or sufficiently point out) blatant errors but does so in such a manner that a core grasp of HTML is already in place... Certainly don't let it deter you, keep plugging away at it, as DW is a delightful tool once you get a feel for it...

domedia
02-27-2011, 07:56 PM
It's an old Front Page website, and it is full of errors.

I cannot see any navigation or anything, so it might be time for a redesign :)