PDA

View Full Version : Stumped & Befuddled

MMImedia
02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I have been using the Que "Dreamweaver CS4 on Demand" book to guide me through DW4 and keep hitting brick wall after brick wall. Is there a better and easier book? I find it's confusing and loaded with errors.

The latest bump I've hit is the warning that I've placed an editable region inside a block tag. I came to the Club via search for "black tag" and thought the answer was the placement of <p> in the code but the only <p> I'm seeing comes after the header where I'm trying to place two editable regions.

I can't wait to see what awaits me as I try inserting a video and a photo gallery.

Corrosive
02-25-2011, 05:12 PM
So you are trying to place an editable region after a <p> and before a </p>?

MMImedia
02-25-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't see any <p> before my entry. The only ones are in the next graph (I'm using a DW hybrid 2-col template). Here's the surrounding code:<body class="twoColHybLtHdr">

<div id="container">
<div id="header">
<h1><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="EditRegionHead" -->Dennis Whitehead / MMImedia<!-- TemplateEndEditable --><h1>
<!-- end #header --></div>
<div id="sidebar1">
<h3><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="EditSidebarHead" -->sidebar1 Content<!-- TemplateEndEditable --></h3>
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="EditSidebarText" -->
<p>The background color on this div will only show for the length of the content. If you'd like a dividing line instead, place a border on the left side of the #mainContent div if the #mainContent div will always contain more content than the #sidebar1 div. </p>

MMImedia
02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Oops! That's after I removed the 2nd editable region. It had been right after the <h1><!--Template...<h1>

Corrosive
02-25-2011, 05:24 PM
You have indeed tried to put editable regions in block tags;

<h1><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="EditRegionHead" -->Dennis Whitehead / MMImedia<!-- TemplateEndEditable --><h1>

and

<h3><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="EditSidebarHead" -->sidebar1 Content<!-- TemplateEndEditable --></h3>

Are both in header tags which are, by their nature, block tags.

Try inserting your editable regions before the opening h1 and h3 tags. That should help :)

Corrosive
02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
In fact looking at it again you haven't even closed your h1 tag correctly.

You need </h1> instead.