PDA

View Full Version : Drupal question : How to put an article inside the category ?

mampwamp
02-25-2011, 06:52 AM
How to put an article inside the category ?
example i create a category as "news', under "news" will be have many article that is categories in news. how to categories all of the new article in "news" category ?

I see there have the answer but i still can't understand, the answer by other is:
1) Set up your categories (make sure the Taxonomy module is enabled).
2) Set up menus that point to your category URLs.

How to set up menu point to category URLs ? I know how to create menu and taxanomy (vocabulary), but dont know how to point to category URLs.

Chapo
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Dude, wrong Forum....
Drupal has its own forum and it will help you out better

davidj
03-01-2011, 01:41 PM
You need to create a View

In the View you can group your NEWS.

My experience with Drupal forums is not that good. Don't expect the level of service you get here at DWC.

I use Drupal daily so should be able to answer your questions

Chapo
03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey its true, David is a guru with Drupal, i forgot that detail.... Then this is the right forum for Drupal users...!!!!!

Ricky55
03-02-2011, 05:13 PM
David do you use Drupal through choice or is something that the company / clients you work for choose to use?

Just wondered how it compares to WordPress in your opinion for custom sites just using it as a CMS.

davidj
03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I use Drupal as its the companies chosen CMS technology. I would tag Drupal with an Enterprise level stamp. It has a massive learning curve and don't expect the level of support you are used to from forums like this but if you get past the initial headaches then its a very powerful bit of kit.

We not only use Drupal to service our corporate and B2B sites but are also using it as an Intranet Portal which integrates with LDAP and JAVA.

Comparisons between WP cant really be made as they are different beasts. Drupal can be scaled and load balanced very easily so leans its self to a business deployment more I think.

You can use Drupal for small personal sites and large enterprise solutions. I couldn't say the same for Wordpress though. I am not anti-wp as I have had no exposure to it and guess it has a place as a very clever CMS.

Check out Drupal 7 latest build. Its far superior to V6 and much more intuitive. I am putting together a Drupal lesson plan and will be running it soon