PDA

View Full Version : Some Dreamweaver Advice Needed For Learner!

Manita
02-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi All.

I am new to Dreamweaver CS5 and would just like to get some general advice. I am looking to do a site for a charity and want to know the pros and cons of adding some pages that can manually updated by them.

Questions are:

1. Is it better to do a site that remains under the control of the designer, or is there a good program that can add a client update facility easy enough using Dreamweaver, i.e. Word Press or something similar/better?

2. What are the pros and cons of both?

Any advice that can help steer me in the right direction would be great! :grin:

gentleone
02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
It really depends on many things, but based on 1 of them you can consider to use a Content Management System or let the designer/developer do the updates.

1. How frequently is the site going to be updated?
If it's a lot on a daily or even a weekly basis, then it's cheaper and easier for them to use a CMS, but if it's so now and then a content update once a month or longer then it's wise to let the designer/developer take care of it (if he wants that).

The pros and cons depends also on what they want on their site and what has to be updated. If it's only text or an image here and there, then a simple CMS like cushy CMS will do the job already, but if they want full control over the website then Drupal for instance would be more suitable.

DWcourse
02-25-2011, 12:37 AM
There are also Adobe Contribute and Adobe InContext Editing which can allow clients to edit portions of the site without putting the whole design at risk. You might want to look into those.