PDA

View Full Version : uploading site

LisaLotty
02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Could someone tell me what im doing wrong?
Im trying to get my companys web site off the server, I define local root folder by making an empty folder - site - manage sites - new site - add URL - edit copies on my machine - select folder to add files - FTP to connect to remote server - add ftp address - but don't know what folder is called on server - add FTP login and password - connect to the remote host - Now I right click the html page I want to edit and open it but it is not the same page as on line. Its the same name but looks like an old version of the page with images missing. Can anyone understand this?

Lisa:confused:

Corrosive
02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Could be anything, mixture of relative and full path links to images maybe? I.e. some images are referenced from the site root and some need a full URL to display. Or you haven't downloaded the images or you've not downloaded the stylesheet and some are background images.

Other than that it is guesswork. Could you post the code for your HTML page please?

LisaLotty
02-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Why do you need the code for my HTML page?

Corrosive
02-25-2011, 10:30 AM
To help us to try and answer your question. At the moment any answer would be guesswork.