PDA

View Full Version : Customer File Upload; Non-Logged-In; Storage & Retrieval

johnMoss
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Since I killed the last thread I did with this question, I've started a new one now. I've uploaded the site, hyperlink below, so to get the gist.
We are exploring options for customer file upload. You'll see on the site this is a print related business & hence when customers accept a bid, we need to have a functionality to upload files. These files of course can quickly get beyond the scope of normal email capability, and a sister site to this project has that FTP already. An objective here though is to not have to send the client through that site's log-in hoop, but rather have them be able to come back to this site, most likely through a hyperlink reference from a returning bid quote email, which would go straight to a hidden page where this file upload sequence would be.

In summation: file upload ftp for load, hold & retrieve.

http://www.lacruzconcierge.com/dreamWeaverTestFile/calendars.html

Question: Does anyone know of a PhP prepackaged solution that can perform this ? The uniqueness is that for the moment we don't need other capability, just to be able to get the file & a single reference about where it came from...

edbr
02-24-2011, 01:02 AM
just thinking quickly without the aid of coffee this morning how about sending the customer a link with order number, such as upload page>php?order=123456
then have a check to a database where that order nomber has been entered
then using conditionals
if $row['order_number']== $_get['order']{bla bla}
else {echo "sorry you are not allowed here";

johnMoss
02-25-2011, 05:45 AM
That's the point though, right now no database against this project exists. We worked on a joint task with an ecommerce print company and I through a piece of primitive general summary architecture at 'em and the guy calls me back & asks if I'm a rocket scientist... I'm not kidding... A conclusion was reached to proceed with the site & throw it out there as a litmus to market viability, and at this point we're in pre-launch, awaiting a video and deciding on a how-to for quick & dirty file submission. Your suggestion is clearly the route to take, but what does it entail? Is this simple enough to build into the site's server? I'd have to sub that out... With that in mind, head for the cafe, I'm gonna do a post on the bigger picture...

edbr
02-25-2011, 06:04 AM
its not that difficult . would need a database of course with table for a admin login,so as to restrict an admin folder, a page to add a ordernumber and delete when finished in a second table.
there maybe a ready written solution out there but (ill whisper this) i think it could be done using dreamweavers in house wizard, even though i hate it

johnMoss
02-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Cancel cafe, I just emailed you through Yahoo Messenger...

edbr
02-25-2011, 06:50 AM
ok i ll have to get to it a bit later though

edbr
02-26-2011, 05:38 AM
i thrashed out a very rough draft of what i had in mind, i sent you a mail via messenger with link ad password so you can see if its what you are thinking of or not

johnMoss
02-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I im'd you back, did you get it?

edbr
02-28-2011, 01:13 AM
yes i sent you a link did yu get that?

johnMoss
02-28-2011, 01:14 AM
no, try again?

edbr
02-28-2011, 01:22 AM
ok will do.