PDA

View Full Version : removing a CSS style sheet???

tony09uk
02-20-2011, 03:51 PM
I tried to template my design and in doing so everything got seriously messed up (in the template i saved). I deleted the template and went back to original file where everything was fine, with one exception..... two CSS files had attached theirselves to my file. The two CSS file are the same name as two CSS file I have created for the page I was doing. But the two new ones have the same name as my created ones but are not simply duplicates they are different in two ways. 1) The code is different and 2) they are described as remote files (uneditable). They are not shown in my CSS styles panel when I am in source code option and they can only be viewed by selecting them specifically. I have tried selecting them and deleting with no luck.

What are they are?
Where did they come from?
and how do I get rid of them?

I hope that makes sense, I have struggled to described it to be honest. Please ask any questions to clarify :D

johnMoss
02-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Tony I'm right there with ya in wading into playing with the template features. For starters it sounds like that insidious little box popped up that said "update links?" and you did. The effect is similar to terminator 3 when the hapless general answered yes to execute program. It was bad...
All is recoverable but you're gonna have to go in and reset your links most likely and as to how the code was changed is gonna come from higher ups here... One thing I will suggest though is from here on in, if you don't know precisely what you are doing, which describes me in a lot of cases right now, then STOP. Close files while all is well, and zip the master file. What you have at that point is a zip copy and your files are untouched. Then go and experiment. If problem strikes, you have an original copy with unmolested CSS. I have saved myself several times already with this approach as I work through training...