PDA

View Full Version : All sites are gone?

arne
02-19-2011, 12:20 PM
All of a sudden all my sites I have been woorking with in DW are gone.
I can not find them in MANAGE SITES, and they are not options inside the FILES window. I can ot find out how to get DW back to normal mode? Any suggestions?

johnMoss
02-19-2011, 06:00 PM
You opened your file menu & they're not available? What about Open Recent?

Immediate thought is you inadvertently changed the directory upon saving & closing the last time you were in.

When you say normal, do you mean what tab groups are displaying? If so, up top choose 'WINDOW - WORKSPACE LAYOUT - CLASSIC. There are other options as well...

arne
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
thx for reply. sorry but I still can not get my sites in a normal way. Nomally I can switch between 6-7 sites that IŽm working with by klicking WINDOW > FILES, in FILES I can get into the sites in the SHOW-menu. I can also get the sites by SITE > MANAGE SITE, but now Its empty? I have checked thar the sites are on my mac in FINDER. So its something to do with DW on this mac.
Nomally I get up in the FILES window two pames, one with LOCAL FILES and one with REMOTE FILES. No Im stuck in LOCAL FILES and my sites are gone:(

johnMoss
02-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I am confused. Files are gone? Bye-bye? Or just moved? Your comment reads like they're stashed someplace else.

arne
02-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Normally when I shall put something out on the web I open DW an then I go to WINDOW > FILES and then i can work on my local files, connect to the remote files ( ftp ) and PUT files. My files and sites are one the computer but I can not get them trough DW. And this happend from one moment to another. I believe I unconsiusly clicked something I shouldnt, I just can not find out what this problem started.

johnMoss
02-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Well bottom line is they're in your computer, right? Two questions;

1) where were they before
2) where are they now

Can you not just manually put them back where they were?

Does your site manager not have them as a managed file anymore?

Go back in to site manager & redefine the path, right?

arne
02-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi. Yes, I guess I can get back the files the hard way, but its a little bit frustrating, all my sites in Manage Site suddenly away, when I was just working with one of the sites. It makes me thing that I am in some testing-mode ore something? but I just cant solve it.

johnMoss
02-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I speak with less than 100% certainty, but a very good guess is you were foiled by an initial save on a new file, or a 'save as' execution. Kinda works like this:
a) You had a file open from site manager, copied some HTML & made a new page. You haven't saved it yet.
b) you go rifling through your computer and open some file from the file-open menu. You're working on that new page & then save it, cept that your path definition changed and so the new page is saved someplace else.

DWcourse
02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Arne, sorry I missed this earlier. It looks like your site definitions have been trashed. If you're on a Mac, this might help: http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/recovering-lost-site-definitions,php

If you are on Windows and have a backup of you registry, this might help: http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/recovering-dreamweaver-site-definitions-on-windows.php

Bottom line, in the future, backup!