PDA

View Full Version : Website Customer File Upload Ability

johnMoss
02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
I have a unique scenario in that my client wants to allow an unlogged, meaning non-proven entity, the ability to upload files for review. Specifically, this client is in the print business and they want to be able to allow a potential customer to upload a graphics file along with a print request. The print request is already going to an (offsite) infusionsoft program, so any uploaded file would have to be tagged and assumedly sent to the website host server for separate retrieval, which for the moment is fine. These files will typically be from .25 to 7 MB in size.
Already I of course throw up a flag over security issues. I'm in unfamiliar territory here and most certainly welcome any insights as to the availability of a database package I can toss in to secure this process.
If it matters, whatever database arrangement we use at this time does not have to be a real database, i.e. we're not concerned with storing other info on the customer, this is strictly for customer uploading a file, our ability to retrieve it, and who's it is, some type of tag I would put on it in relation to the accompanying request form that went to infusionsoft.

johnMoss
02-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Cancel this gang, a better interim alternative was reached...