PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

dealwi8me
02-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Hello all,

I'm new in this forum and I am new in web designing/developing as well.
I spent some time reading the threads and tutorials of this forum in order to figure out how to start.First of all thank you everyone for all the work it's very helpful :)

I'm trying to build my first website and I' m thinking of the following steps:
1. Creating a template in Illustrator use slice to export it as html ( what size should be the Illustrator template in order to be viewed from all kind of users?)
2. Create css in dreamweaver with type of fonts, size,color, etc
3. Work in Dreamweaver to make the site dynamic for website administrator to change order of news or add text etc ( i don't know how to do this yet!)

What do you think? Do i forget something important or making something wrong?

Thank you in advance, I hope one day i can help some other newbies:grin:

Corrosive
02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

None of us here would encourage you to use the 'export as html' options. You need to learn how a layout goes together from scratch using div tags and CSS to position the graphical and other elements.

This is a good tutorial (although Photoshop based) to give you a starting project; http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/site-builds/from-psd-to-html-building-a-set-of-website-designs-step-by-step/

As for the adding/changing of content you should look at a CMS framework or perhaps something like Adobe Contribute but depending on what you want to achieve and how much you'd like the admin to be able to change.

edbr
02-17-2011, 09:24 AM
welcome to the forum

dealwi8me
02-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Thank you both, i will check the tutorial!