PDA

View Full Version : Site Appearance in Firefox vs IE

MustangNismo
02-15-2011, 04:12 AM
I am working on a website using Dreamweaver CS5 and everything was fine until I loaded it using Internet Explorer. All the pages are perfect except for one and I can't figure it out for the life of me. The site is live ATM at admin2000.mobi. The Global Safety Network page has margin problems. I'm still learning the program so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

DWcourse
02-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Well, as I 'm sure you'll hear, using tables for layout is a bad idea (and it takes quite an effort in CS5!). Anyway I'm assuming the issue is that you're width don't add up correctly somewhere so that's where I'd start looking (but its going to be tedious).

MustangNismo
02-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Thanks, I will definitely check that out and see what happens. You mentioned that tables are a bad idea. What would you suggest I do instead?

DWcourse
02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
learn to use divs positioned with CSS (primarily the float property). There are some CSS layouts built into Dreamweaver that are a good start.

MustangNismo
02-15-2011, 05:44 AM
I'll have to check that out too. Thanks again :) Do you have a tutorial site you can recommend to help familiarize me with that method?

MustangNismo
02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
I tried looking through the widths with no luck so I remade the page with less tables and it works fine now. I did find a div/css tableless tutorial at vinyardesigns.com that I am going to work on. Thanks for your help and suggestions!