PDA

View Full Version : In File Panel - Files do not have connection?!

sunshine
02-12-2011, 02:07 PM
My first post and thank you for having this forum.

I have dreamweaver cs4 and the file panel does not show my files ie index.html, css folder, images et al with connection lines nor 'little boxes' with squares (plus/minus), it only shows arrows on some.

My files are going kinda where they want. How do i get the connection lines to them. Thanks in advance.

Sunshine

johnMoss
02-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Actually no; your files are going where they are being told to go. I sorta get the impression you are also working with other programs like photoshop and are pulling files into those programs and saving your web & devices files without redirecting them to your image folder. In answer to your question though, step one in dreamweaver is to define your site. look up at the top, click on site, choose new site, and the wizard will pop up. Within that, at the top you see basic or advanced, choose basic & follow the instructions. You do not have to give it a web address if you currently don't have one, and for your directory simply choose browse and pull up your master site file. Continue to follow instructions and once completed your problem will vanish.. You may need to find your scattered files and put them into this folder. You can do this manually, ande dreamweaver will recognized that the folder paths have changed and will automatically update all links...

DWcourse
02-14-2011, 07:04 PM
There are no connection lines between files in the Files palette. It just shows the directory structure.