PDA

View Full Version : Layout alignment?

Schmitty83
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
How do I do this? I want to make it so that no matter what size screen you're viewing my the page, the layour always stays in place and doesn't become out of order. What is that called and what is the code/how do I do this tutorial? Thanks

Corrosive
02-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Schmitty83

Not really sure I understand the question. It is too broad as making a stable layout IS web design! Can you be more specific about your particular problem and maybe post a link if you can?

Schmitty83
02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
www.RudyHooks.com (http://www.RudyHooks.com)

I figure out how to do it by placing ap divs on the spots of the page, they stay in place with the layout when i zoom in or out so now my question becomes: If I drew an ap div the size of the page, and place my main menu as the background image inside of the div, how can I draw image hot spots on top of the ap div? It won't let me. If you look at my page which I added a link above, you'll see that the main sections of the page "Music "Store" etc. aren't links. Those sections are part of my main ap div I drew and place an image in. I want to put hot spots on top of theose so they can become links.

Schmitty83
02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Cancel that last post about the hot spot. Back to my original post, what i'm trying to do is make it no matter what computer you're viewing the page on, it will stay the same dimensions and not overlap. For instance, if you look at the page now, and zoom out, everything stays in place BUT the main bar at the top with the menu in it (page links, twitter logo) I'm not fluent in HTML or CSS. My classes taught me more of the design of graphic design and nothing about html or css. Is there a code I acn just add to the html that will do this automatially? Am I making my problem more understandable?

Corrosive
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Yes, I understand what you are saying but there isn't an automatic code or anything that sorts it. You need to understand how to use HTML and CSS to make a layout and how page flow works with normal divs. Absolutely positioned divs take their co-ords from the top left of the screen. Move the screen or change the screen resolution and that point changes and all your measurements go to pot.

Time to get the basics down dude; http://htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/

theman68
03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
hi guys i really like you qu's and the answers.
im new to dream weaver and am learning javascript so need a lot of help
just want to know Schmitty83 how did you get your objects to stay where you want them to when you are zooming in and out?
and also when i have put the bg centreal with the css editor when ever i then drag content into the display it sometimes moves the bg left or right so how do i stop that?
also how so i put margins up to only put content into the page and not run into the left or right white space?
please answer this guys as im having so much trouble with it and its driving me crazy.
my email is{ email removed for safety} or just reply on here so other people can see
thank you

johnMoss
03-07-2011, 04:30 AM
my email is *deleted*Don't post your email online, the bots will find it & spam you...

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing...

edbr
03-07-2011, 05:42 AM
i removed it for your safety, if you still want it repost but the previous comment is a valid warning

theman68
03-09-2011, 01:42 PM
no thank you guys for telling me.
so can you guys help me with my problem?
or know of and way that i can get around it?

d a v e
03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
ed the email still shows up in the message quoted by Johnmoss

gentleone
03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
ed the email still shows up in the message quoted by Johnmoss
thnx dave!