PDA

View Full Version : PDF fillable forms

Sam Ossipee
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I have created PDF fillable forms. I have saved them in my DW3 file that I am using. I create the link and upload everything. The problem is when I go and fill in the form and email it the extension changes to ?xml. It cannot be read unless it is in DW. Why does it change once it is filled in and emailed.

Sam

gentleone
02-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Sorry... a bit confuses. Are you saying that you've integrated somehow a PDF form into your webpage or is it just a download link to the PDF form?

johnMoss
02-08-2011, 02:36 AM
You need to go back in and define what type of output you want. Odd that it defaulted to the xml, but there are several settings for data submission depending on the recipient mechanism or function. What exactly was your test method, i.e. did you test out inside dreamweaver live or did you use a browser? That will definitely matter...
Notwithstanding, this oughta clear it up for you...

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/325/325874.html

Sam Ossipee
02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I created the document in Acrobat 8 Pro, saved it in my DW file for that website and posted it to the web. I have been informed that w/o PHP it doesn't work. The fill in form works correctly by itself but if I add the email button once it is filled in and sent from the site it is converted to xml. I was then informed that they did not want the forms emailed just filled in and then presented in person due to signature and payment requirements. So all is well.

Thank you for your reply.