PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS5 Live View

cfair22
02-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I having a little bit of a issue i need advise about.

When i view my web page in Live View of Dreamweaver CS5 all the tables are off, the hover states push content around, all kinds of weird stuff.

But then i preview in Firefox, IE8, Chrome, and it works perfectly. all the positions are correct hover states work, etc... i even launched the site live and tested in all browsers and still looked great, even resizing browser the content acted as i intended.

So my question today is should i be worried if Dreamweaver views my page differently that a browser, Is dreamweaver picking up a small code error??

Just makes me nervous as i continue to fine tune my site am I building on a shaky foundation?

Please help.

Corrosive
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
If it looks OK on a browser then you should be fine. If in doubt about code then Firefox has some excellent debugging plug-ins for web developers. Check them out and you'll soon pick up any code issues.

cfair22
02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks i used the web developer add-on for firefox and was able to check my HTML and CSS code which i did have a small issue but when i fixed the problem was still there.

so ill chalk it up to a weird dreamweaver thing. thanks for the help

domedia
02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
So my question today is should i be worried if Dreamweaver views my page differently that a browser, Is dreamweaver picking up a small code error??
Depends entirely on the specifics.
If it is a HTML warning, and your page looks good in all browsers, I wouldn't worry too much. (but again this depends).

If it is an actual code error, it's more serious.

cfair22
02-07-2011, 08:39 PM
well i got a HTML warning, i fixed and then got no warnings at all. so im just gonna go with it. every way I look at it, it appears to be working perfect.

thanks again for everyone's help

DWcourse
02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Live View is based upon Webkit, the same rendering engin used by Safari so you might want to check how your page looks in Safari as well and make sure you've got the latest update to DW CS5 as well.