PDA

View Full Version : Spry Accordion into Menu

Kimikai
02-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Hey,,
So... im fairly new to website building, and this is actually my first site with dreamweaver.
Now ive been trying to make a menu out of the Spry Accordion but im facing a few problems. I havent changed anything in the code yet nor in the javascript and nothing in the CSS script either. So those are just fresh ones. I thought that maybe if i just leave the content boxes empty under the tabs that dont need a submenu it would work, but it still shows the content box when i try it out. Also ive tried to put the height of the content boxes to 100% but that doesnt work either... any1 got an idea on how to fix this??

DWcourse
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
You're really trying to make the Spry Accordion do something it wasn't intended for. It's possible but you might have better luck searching for a jQuery-based menu solution that has the functionality you want build in.

You might start here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu.htm

Kimikai
02-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Mhm,, okay ye that seems to be a better solution lol. My uncle told me something about converting the Dreamweaver Accordion into a menu lol but hes fair enough to let me play around myself so i can learn from it. But i think your solution sounds abit easier yes :-D

Tnx for the help

Kimikai
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
By the way,, one more question about the site you gave me as a tip. Often they say that those sites will get advertisements on your site... do you know anything of this one doing so aswell?? Because i cant really use adverts on my site lol...

DWcourse
02-04-2011, 10:58 PM
It shouldn't be an issue with that site.

Kimikai
02-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Okay tnx :mrgreen: