PDA

View Full Version : Title includes anchor tag name

Schubie
02-01-2011, 07:54 AM
In order to avoid showing the user the header information on associated pages, I have a named anchor and use it in the link address. In the IE tab, both the title from the head section along with the anchor name is presented like:

Links page#linkstart

Is this standard? I don't see it in other sites. How can I eliminate the "#anchorname" from the title?

davidj
02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Thats how an anchor works

domedia
02-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't see it in other sites. Link please.

Schubie
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.blueridgeswimtennisclub.com
Select the "Amenities" tennis ball. The anchor works just fine, I just didn't want to see "#amenities" (the named anchor) appearing in the title that appears in the IE tab.
BTW: The owners are friends of mine and I do the website for them @ $0. Probably worth every nickel!

edbr
02-02-2011, 12:23 AM
it should be possible with mod_rewrites if you are using an apache server, is it really such a big problem though?

Schubie
02-02-2011, 12:47 AM
it should be possible with mod_rewrites if you are using an apache server, is it really such a big problem though?

Nah.. it was just something unexpected. When I'm new at something, my first suspicion is that I've goofed and I'm usually right about that.

DWcourse
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
It might have something to do with your free GoDaddy hosting. I notice that the ad at the top of the page doesn't load when you use the anchor (on that page only).

Schubie
02-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks. I suppose funny things happen when we use stuff that doesn't cost anything. I'll try a similar link on a site that's paid for.
I'm just an old systems guy (IBM Mainframes) learning new stuff (this is my current 'new'). The appropriate quote for me now would be "Toto, I don't believe we're in Kansas anymore!"

Schubie
02-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Oh, I forgot to add that, when the "Amenities" page is selected, the godaddy ad does load. You just have to scroll up to see it. Having it 'hidden' is one of the reasons I used the anchor tag.

DWcourse
02-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, it wasn't loading before but it is now and I also notice that the anchor isn't appearing in the page title anymore either. I'm guessing a screw up at GoDaddy GoFigure).

Schubie
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the re-check. Pretty nice club for a town of 2,500, isn't it?
I'm going to just accept the site however it comes. Like I said: I suppose funny things happen when we use stuff that doesn't cost anything.
Enjoy the SuperBowl!