PDA

View Full Version : Google cannot find my website

Maverick8
01-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi All

I am wondering if anyone can tell me why no search engine can pick up my website. This includes doing a " www " search of my site name.
It is as if my site is invisible, am i missing something? is there a publish step in dreamweaver that i may have missed before uploading?
I am a newbie if you can guess so many thanks in advance.

Jane

DWcourse
01-30-2011, 12:19 AM
what is the url of your site? and how long has it been live?

Maverick8
01-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi! thanks for your reply, my site is www.redenginegraphics.com.au
and I have tried just to search my "web name", there is 2 pages of results only of other sites of course and its also somehow picked up some other sites which I have an account, but my website is no where to be seen
I have recently added my URL to google search and Webmaster tools
However not a single piece of information is picked up on their Webmaster dashboard.
thanks
Jane

Maverick8
01-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Oh one more thing, its been live for past 4 or so years, I have recently upgraded the artwork, text within web is the same.
With the Google registration i did this only 2 days ago, but I would have thought that is only an optimization, shouldn't a search at least pick up my website name? and yes its always been about 2 page result anyways...

DWcourse
01-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I can't find a single link you your site and links are how search engines find your site. You might show up in a couple weeks now that you've submitted your site to google. But a better tactic is to get some links to your site.

johnMoss
01-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Yahoo & Google Mexico found your site, so looks like step one is out of the way. I would also encourage you to make better use of your page titles; each page should have a related yet unique title relative to the content of the page. Currently all of them are the same...

Maverick8
01-30-2011, 03:15 AM
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!
I will make the recommended changes straight away :)

Corrosive
01-30-2011, 01:44 PM
You are picked up on Google.co.uk. Rather than searching your website name, search site:www.redenginegraphics.com.au to see which pages are crawled and registered.

You need to work a bit harder on your site as well. The entire front page HTML content/text consists of;

<p class="style7"><font size="2">Fresh, Funky &amp; creative ideas for all your multimedia, print <br>
design needs.<br>
- Portfolio Artwork, <br>
- Brand ID: Logo; package design<br>
- Web Design <br>
- Album &amp; Posters<br>
- Flyers &amp; Stationary design<br>
- Fashion/Apparel graphics<br>
- Magazine illustration &amp; artwork</font> </p>

That's it. The rest is images and that includes all of your links which should at least have text alternatives. You've not done yourself or Google any favours to be honest but submitting the site to webmaster tools seems to have at least got you noticed.