PDA

View Full Version : Frameset targeting links problem. help needed please.

Dreamweaver newbie
01-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Dear all,

I have a frameset in Dreamweaver and I have a hotspot in one frame which when clicked on makes text appear in another frame.
The problem is the text appears in the secondary frame but not specifically in the frame where I want it to be.
How can I overcome this please?

Can I achieve the same effect by using tables or layers?
If I click on a hospot can I make layers appear and disappear?
If I click on a hotspot in one table cellc can I make text appear in a secondary table cell?

I am new to Dreamweaver so any help much appreciated.

DWcourse
01-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Dear all,

I have a frameset in Dreamweaver and I have a hotspot in one frame which when clicked on makes text appear in another frame.
The problem is the text appears in the secondary frame but not specifically in the frame where I want it to be.
How can I overcome this please?

I don't recommend frames but, if you insist, you need to name each frame and then when creating the link set the target of the link to the name of the frame where you want it to appear.

Can I achieve the same effect by using tables or layers?

If I click on a hospot can I make layers appear and disappear?

Forget about tables for layout. You can accomplish the same thing using layers. One way is to use DW's "Show/Hide Layers" behavior which can be attached to any link (even a hotspot).

I am new to Dreamweaver so any help much appreciated.

You're trying to run before you've learned to crawl. If you're serious, slow down and learn to build some simple pages using CSS and HTML for layout. Dreamweaver offers a number of built in layouts that can get you started. Be sure to read the explanatory comments build into the HTML and CSS files.