PDA

View Full Version : "Background" images in CSS: only small part of image showing up.


fishugly
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
When I apply a background image to a new CSS style, only a small portion of the image shows up. How do it get the full image?

gentleone
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
My guess is that you don't have specified a width and height to the css declaration which should be the same as the width and height of the background image.

fishugly
01-24-2011, 03:36 AM
That was it. Thanks. Now if I could just figure out the rest of the nuances of applying text over. Onward with the torture!

Corrosive
01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Onward with the torture!

That made me chuckle. At least you have a sense of humour about it. That should help get you through 90% of the pain and we can get you through the other 10%! :mrgreen:

fishugly
03-04-2011, 04:27 PM
That made me chuckle. At least you have a sense of humour about it. That should help get you through 90% of the pain and we can get you through the other 10%! :mrgreen:

Always glad to help.

About that other 10%, well, I'm ready. Perhaps it's best I start a new thread. I'll do that.

Thanks!