PDA

View Full Version : Border colour not displaying in firefox

marcho
01-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I have a series of tables which I change the border colour as I need to represent different things. It won't display the colour in Firefox only IE. I understand that firefox doesn't understand the IE code bordercolor="#00FFFF" I am not using CSS but need to be able to set each cell colour separately what code is understood by IE and Firefox?

I'm not expert at HTML so simple answers please!! :grin:

johnMoss
01-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi marcho. What I think you are running into is that IE is simply being more forgiving of a code error for the version of HTML that you are using. Thats almost funny, since its always IE that gives everyone such a hard time. Post your html so I can see what the problem is...

marcho
01-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi John, here's a section of the code. Thanks.

</table></td>
<td width="64"><font size="-2">&nbsp;&nbsp;Date Booked</font></td>
<td width="26"><table width="15" border="1" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#FF0000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#CCFFFF">C</td>

johnMoss
01-22-2011, 02:34 PM
This worked for me:

Put a hyphen in..

border-color="#FF0000"

gentleone
01-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm not expert at HTML...
You don't have to be an expert to build proper web pages. As long as you're willing to try and learn to build pages the right way, then that would be already a good start. Tables we're not meant to lay out whole pages, they're only for tabular data. It's like building web pages with Microsoft Excel.

Do some reading on using div tags and CSS for layout.
http://articles.sitepoint.com/article/html-css-beginners-guide