PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Flash to reload on second visit in Internet Explorer?

amr
01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
I am trying to create a webpage, and am having a bit of an issue with Internet Explorer. I created the home page in Dreamweaver and have a Flash animation on that page. It plays in the page window, without opening a pop-up window. It is set to Autoplay and Loop, which is all well and good and the first time you load it, it works just fine. The problem is, if you go to another page and then navigate back to the home page, the animation doesn't restart, it just sits on the first frame. Internet Explorer is the only browser that has this issue, it works fine in all the others (Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla).

So I am wondering what code do I need to put in to fix this problem? I have searched over the web and tried various methods, such as putting in coding to do no cache or trying to change the URL to create a random number with Flash, but so far nothing has worked. I could really use the help, as this is driving me crazy! Anybody know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Ricky55
01-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Could you include a link.

I can't see why IE would have any bearing on a Flash movie sticking on frame 1.

Flash movies automatically loop unless you do otherwise in Flash.

I know Flash pretty well so if you send a link I should be able to get this sorted out for you.

Thanks

Richard

amr
01-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Richard,
I don't have the file live, so no go on the link. But I do not think that Flash is the source of the problem, as the animation autoplays and loops perfectly fine when you first visit the page. So it doesn't appear to be the coding of the Flash.

As I said the other three main browsers will reload and start the animation from the beginning when going back to the home page in the site. The only one that doesn't reload is IE. I have read several places that it is a common problem with IE, where sometimes you have to put code in to make it reload and clear the cache, else it just sits on the original. I have tried variances on that coding, but no such luck yet, still works fine everywhere but IE. But thanks!

Ricky55
01-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Ive heard of this issue and I've used flash for a long time. Could you email me the swf file and I'll have a look for you Richard@qwerty-design.co.uk

Ricky55
01-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Sorry I obviously meant to say that I have not heard of this issue just send me tha swf and I'll take a look.