PDA

View Full Version : footer with table...please help!!!

pecollinni
01-16-2011, 09:56 AM
hello to everyone

I'm new to dreamweaver and I have this very stupid problem!

I want to create a table and place it to the bottom of the page. that should be my footer. the problem is when I place the table, there is one line or paragraph,...or extra space...don't know... and it can't be deleted!
so when I look site in browser, there is that empty space below the footer...

please anyone . . .

Corrosive
01-16-2011, 10:19 AM
You shouldn't really be using tables for layout at all. Use div tags and CSS. Your solution also requires CSS. Add the style;

body {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

to your stylesheet. That should do it.

pecollinni
01-16-2011, 10:56 AM
dear corrosive

thanks for the fast response

yes I'm using css but I don't understand div yet. like I sad I'm new to dw.

body {margin: 0; padding: 0;}
this fixed the problem!
thanks a lot :-D:-D:-D

Corrosive
01-16-2011, 11:02 AM
yes I'm using css but I don't understand div yet. like I said I'm new to dw.

Then you have the perfect opportunity to learn the right way to do things. Don't start with bad habits or you'll be doing your whole site again in a couple of months when you get to understanding div based layouts.

pecollinni
01-16-2011, 11:52 AM
well that is nice thing to hear, but I think that is too complicated.:confused:
it would take me a month to learn all those "words, instructions, processes..." and all other stuff.
I do motion graphic and I'm pretty good, but not and dw.
now i have this project in school where we should built site about anything, with few pages, flash animations, and some pictures, and we need to explain how we done that.

I understand only css and tables (in dw). so my site is one big table with more tables in it, and css applied to all of them.

it would be very nice from you, if you could tell me how to do it. I mean just for the footer. I'm pretty sure that all my other colleges will do the same as I. with tables.;-)

http://hotfile.com/dl/97034395/d5ae2fe/PcShop3.rar.html

this is the whole site. I will be very grateful to you for anything . . . :-D

thanks anyway
(sorry for bad eng)

gentleone
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
now i have this project in school where we should built site about anything, with few pages, flash animations, and some pictures, and we need to explain how we done that.
So you're saying that you must develop a website as a school assignment, but they didn't taught you how to do that?

so my site is one big table with more tables in it
In other words... one big maintenance hell, slower page loading and a lot more bandwidth sucking.

Corrosive
01-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Well, at least it is not for a 'production' website.

Corrosive
01-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Here you go, try this; http://corrosiveonline.co.uk/tutorials_css_floats_for_layout.php as a guide to div tag and float layouts. It might help with getting your head round divs.