PDA

View Full Version : Having Dreamweaver automatically create another page?

FethrdWlf
01-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Hello, all. Yes, I'm back. I am making a project (again), and I need to have the page at a fixed height. But, I plan on having a lot of text. That is all I'll have, just the one page.

The catch is though, I need to have Dreamweaver automatically generate a new page, or just load another div tag or something. I'm trying to just make a blog type page.

So basically, whenever I type too much for one page, it will just automatically put it into another page that I can go to by clicking stuff like:

<<First <Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next> Last>>
:roll:

edbr
01-15-2011, 12:07 AM
no it doesnt work like that.

FethrdWlf
01-15-2011, 03:05 AM
no it doesnt work like that.

Then, how does it work?:confused:

edbr
01-15-2011, 03:18 AM
usually blogs are made using a dynamic site using for example php, then number of posts or records can be determined and the result s pagonated as you show

Corrosive
01-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Yes, you'd be looking at either creating individual pages or using a database to generate your content and then paginate. See here in the blogs section of our site; http://www.yotocreative.co.uk/blogs/. The content sits in a database on the back end and the pages are 'created' by calling that content back out. We set the max number of article/blog intros to show on each page and then it paginates links to the rest.