PDA

View Full Version : New problem - images won't align center

Dr_Atomic
01-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I have a new isue with my DW MX on this Windows 7 laptop. Everything was built fine in the program (I'm adding new images for my photo album), but when I went to view it online, the images I go to which are linked from the thumbnails are all aligned to the left - not center, like I built them.

Everything appears to be correct in DW, and when I went to view the source code in Firefox, it was grayed out! [View > Page Source]. The same for IE. I've never seen that before, either. So I can't even doublecheck to see what's going on in the HTMl. Like I said, it all looks good in DW, so I don't know why it thinks I want all these images aligned left.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Dr_Atomic
01-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Ok, for those of you who may be having this same problem - I finally figured it out.

It looks like I was linking my thumbnail images not to the HTML page I had created with the full-size image, but instead to the full-sized JPEG image itself. I was actually linking to a page with an image, but the images were all aligned to the left, and absolutely nothing I altered in DW changed that until I changed the link from the JPEG page to the HTML page.

Ugh. I'd better write down this troubleshooting solution and put it in my DW file so I won't forget it.

Corrosive
01-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Ugh. I'd better write down this troubleshooting solution and put it in my DW file so I won't forget it.

Now that sounds like a very sensible thing to do!