PDA

View Full Version : How to block or disable a link built into a video

CHunter
01-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi Forum-Mates,

I have seen this question kicked around a little but amazingly have not ever seen it actually answered, "Is there any way to disable, block, redirect or remove a hyperlink on a video?" Someone mentioned putting a laarge invisible button over the top of the whole thing. We have videos on our page and we keep accidentallly clicking them when trying to adjust the volume and being taken to unwanted pages. There is no a=href to remove and we don't understand how to make and overlap the invisible button.

Is there a way to disable or add some code that blocks the link or something of that nature?

Thank You! CHunter :)

gentleone
01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
What kind of videos are they? Flash (swf), Quicktime, YouTube, Vimeo? Is the site live? Do you have a link?

CHunter
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="325" width="325" id="live_embed_player_flash4" data="THE WEBSITE URL FOR THE VIDEO GOES HERE bgcolor="#000000">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="always" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="allownetworking" value="all" />
<param name="movie" value="THE WEB URL TO THE VIDEO" />
<param name="flashvars" value="[COLOR="Olive"]THE CHANNEL OF LIVE VIDEO GOES HERE&auto_play=true&start_volume=0" />
</object>

Does this help? I left out the company name and url for their privacy. The link may be embedded in their player and that whhy I thought blocking any link on the table would work fine. I don't need to link this to anything - I just want the hyperlinks to stop working but the video to keep playing. Let me know what you think and thanks for helping!!!

CHunter

CHunter
01-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know how to do this?

gentleone
01-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I assume it's a swf file your loading... right? You can only disable the link if you have the original source file (.fla).

Ricky55
01-22-2011, 09:20 PM
If don't have the fla and you must do this you could try decompilining the swf, if it's fairly basic this should give you the complete fla. Try search for so think decomplier.

If the swf isn't your own work you could be in controversial territory.