PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver training

onewuzzle
01-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi, I am looking to start using Dreamweaver and haven't ever used it before. I was wondering if anyone knew of any training person / provider / online resource that is best? I live in Kent and don't have a lot to spend.

Thank you!

Corrosive
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
What is your overall goal? That might help us recommend a course of action.

Bear in mind it isn't just the software you need to learn (in fact the manual should at least get you started). You also need to understand how a website goes together, what languages to use etc.

onewuzzle
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Sorry I should have been more specific!

I have worked in marketing for a good while now with web developers who use Dreamweaver themselves so I kind of know how sites should be structured and built to an extent.....but, I have never done the design and development myself and it is a skill I would really like to know. I would like to know the basics first off - so really how to build a basic site, place text and images, navigation bars, background colours, hyperlinks to contact emails etc. I would also like to know how you use the style sheets so that your website has a consistent look. I think I need to learn to walk before I can do anything flashy!

I hope this helps and I look forward to what you guys recommend!

Thank you

Corrosive
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I think I need to learn to walk before I can do anything flashy!

Well, with that kind of attitude, I will happily teach you if you are willing to learn. http://www.corrosiveonline.co.uk/web_design_lessons.php have a read and see if it would suit you.

onewuzzle
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Thank you - I shall have a look!

DWcourse
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
You can't go wrong with corrosive. I also over an online class. See the link in my signature.

Corrosive
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
You can't go wrong with corrosive.

Bless you. You don't have to say nice things about me you know ;)

Ricky55
01-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Personally I think you're far better learning HTML and CSS than you are Dreamweaver. Once you know HTML and CSS you can use any tool.

I would also check out lynda.com They offer some great courses from Adobe certified instructors so you know you're being taught best practices.

Start out with Corrosives basics course and see how get on.

edbr
01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
you and many others recommend lyndaso im sure its good, but never having seen it im curious. what makes it stand out?