PDA

View Full Version : Spry MenuBar Widget Links.....

GCrandall
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM
I notice that when using the Spry menu bar properties window, one is required to give the primary menu items a link even if it has a submenu. In most websites I've seen with drop-down menus, the primary menu item (for example "about") acts as a header for the submenu items which are active links. But the primary menu item does not have a link itself. It seems there is no way to construct this kind of drop down menu with the Spry menu bar. Am I wrong on this or can I make it so the primary menu item has no link itself and merely acts as a header for the submenu item links?
Thanks.

DWcourse
01-06-2011, 08:24 PM
The easy answer is to just insert # for the link (although that may take jump you to the top of the page if you've scrolled down a bit for the menu).

Another option is to create a new style class specifically for those links that mimics the look of a regular link and apply it as necessary.

One usability question? If the items with submenus look and act like links, shouldn't they link to something?

domedia
01-07-2011, 05:06 PM
In most websites I've seen with drop-down menus, the primary menu item (for example "about") acts as a header for the submenu items which are active links. But the primary menu item does not have a link itself. That is not my experience, at all.