PDA

View Full Version : Can't select text on background image

Eliteoomph
01-06-2011, 03:51 AM
Hey guys
I've been working on a pretty cool page where I am put an opaque button menu over a slideshow... It took a lot of figuring to finally get it to work and I thought I had pretty much finished up the page when I hit a road block... Under my slideshow I have an area where I inserted the H1 tags and body text.... problem is for some reason I can't select the text... I have tried adjusting the z-indexs and even deleted them all completely which actually didn't even make a difference. I wouldn't mind so must that you can't select the text since I believe it is still SEO friendly but, I needed to insert a few hyperlinks but they aren't clickable... So, then I had the idea of make all the clickable text areas images... SO I went through all the crazy positioning to get them in the right place and linked them but guess what... the are not clickable either...

I am thinking it has something to do with the positioning but haven't the faintest idea where.
Inserting the buttons over the slide show was a pain.
It wouldn't allow me to draw a hotspot over the original button image so I had to make 3 0% opaque images to go over the other 3 button in the background image just to make that work,

any one ever had this problem before?

edbr
01-06-2011, 04:56 AM
just sound like you have a layer covering them,

Eliteoomph
01-06-2011, 05:19 AM
the only divs wrapping the text is the text div and the back ground image div...
I have noticed if I push the text down below the background image that i can then select it...
what does that tell you?

edbr
01-06-2011, 05:36 AM
same answer with out seeing the page

Eliteoomph
01-06-2011, 06:01 AM
ok thanks...
I will move the divs around until I figure it out...
probably need to take the text out of the background div

Also, one more thing everytime I create a page with a slide show it screws up my design view... I do most all of my editing in the code view however sometimes I need to draw rectangle hotspots in design but can't because the pictures in the slide show tile all the way down the page and cover everything up...
is there a fix for this?

thanks for you help
I'm going to have to put you on the clock for all this help ;o)

Eliteoomph
01-06-2011, 06:12 AM
ok I put the text div at the very bottom like so
<div class="text2">
<h1>
Welcome to The Omega Team website <br />where your real estate needs end with us! </h1>

<p>We are delighted to have you visit. Our website gives you internet access to all properties for sale region wide. </p>

<p>We can sell you any property for sale, regardless of who the listing agent is. Use this website to search all listed Homes and Properties for sale.</p>

<p><span class="bold"><span class="redheader">If you're looking for real estate</span></span>, we can help you choose the right home or property for your needs and will guide you toward making an informed real estate decision in the market. We pride ourselves in being able to give all our clients important local information based on years of experience. </p>

<p><span class="bold"><span class="redheader">If you are a seller</span></span>, we can help price and put your home or property on the market for a quick sale. If you'd like to find out the value of your home or property, go to our "For Sellers" page and submit a CMA request. We will research the value of your home or property for you. This is a free service provided by The Omega Team.</p>

<p>This site is designed to help you make the important decisions needed to purchase or sell real estate, homes, or property. Bookmark it for future reference and feel free to call or e-mail us for all of your real estate needs. </p>

<p><span class="bold"><span class="redheader">Home Search</span></span><br />
Use the Home Search feature of this website to search all home and property listings for sale. Our Home Search program is updated daily. Every home or property for sale in the area can be found on this website. <br />

<p><span class="bold"><span class="redheader">Our Listings</span></span> <br />
View our featured homes and properties for sale.
<br /></p><br />

<p><span class="bold"><span class="redheader">Daily Listings Alert Sign-Up</span></span> <br /> Get email notification when your dream home or property becomes available. Sign up today and we will email you daily or weekly all area listings for sale as they become available. This is a free service provided by The Omega Team.
<br />Click Here to Sign Up for Realty Watcher. </p>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var MenuBar1 = new Spry.Widget.MenuBar("MenuBar1", {imgDown:"SpryMenuBarDownHover.gif", imgRight:"SpryMenuBarRightHover.gif"});
</script>
</body></html>

so there is nothing wrapping it but still getting the same results
I shifted the text outside of the background image to show you what happens when I do that...
I can select the text outside the image but no inside it...

Eliteoomph
01-06-2011, 06:13 AM
oh here is the link again if you need it
http://bigcitymarketing.net/testsites/Omegasite/home.html

edbr
01-06-2011, 06:39 AM
first move the body tag before the header

</head>
<body>
<div class="header" align="center">
</div>

Eliteoomph