PDA

View Full Version : link

marcia
01-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Trying to link the word ABOUT from the following page:

http://www.multiplechoicbags.com/sdhome.html

When the ABOUT button is pressed, the page goes to the correct page, but when you press HOME on that page, it goes to 404. I have tried at least 1000 times to get the page from the local to the remote in the proper tier, but it keeps on going to the next level. Been working on it for hours and am bleary eyed.

Does anyone know what to do? Any help would be much appreciatd

Maybe you need my local code, so here it is: (I know it's lousy code, but it's the best I can do at this point)

"<p>&nbsp;<span class="ariel10"> see images on<a href="../studioDianHome/sdHome.html"> home </a>page for: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;web design &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;banners&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; logos&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;illustrations&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;retouching</span></p>"

DWcourse
01-04-2011, 01:20 AM
your home link on the about page is:

../studioDianHome/sdHome.html

it should be ../sdHome.html (or /sdHome.html)

Also you link was bad you left out an e in multiplechoicebags

edbr
01-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Firefox can't find the server at www.multiplechoicbags.com.

edbr
01-04-2011, 01:23 AM
ha beat me

marcia
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
don't understand ha beat me. I left the E off in choice - sorry - was really tired when I wrote the post.

Anyway, can't find the post listed - which is ok by me (don't really want to be found so easily until this site is finished) - but I'm curious.

Happy New Year!

marcia
01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Jim,

Thanks again. I was really tired when I quit yesterday and didn't re-read the link.

My about page boo-boo is indeed an embarrassment. I noticed it as I was copying the code to the post, but was too tired to recheck and redo.

Just making excuses, but as always, I thank you for your attention.