PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Answers of 2010

DWcourse
12-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Perhaps I'm just in a cranky mood from my holiday bronchitis but somedays the questions here remind me of the old joke about a bunch of prisoners.

They're all eating lunch and someone yells out "15" and everyone cracks up. Someone else yells "21" and they're going crazy with laughter. Finally a guy shouts "34" and the other prisoners are ROFL.

So the new guy turns to the guy next to him and says, "I don't get it. Somebody yells out a number and everybody laughs. What's up?"

So the guy explains that they've all been in prison together for a long time and everyone knows all the jokes. So, to save time, they've given all the jokes numbers."

Well, the new comer decides to give it a try and yells out, "19." Nothing. So he tries again, "32." Nothing. He turns back to the guy next to him and says, "I don't get it, those guys say a number and everyone cracks up. I try it and nobody responds. What's going on?"

"Well, you know how it is," says the other guy, "Some people just can't tell a joke."

Maybe we should give it a try:

1. You shouldn't create layouts with tables. You need to learn how to use divs and CSS positioning.

2. Slicing an image in Photoshop and exporting it to html is not the way to build a page.

3. Set the left and right margins to auto.

4. It would help if we could see the page. Do you have a link?

edbr
12-31-2010, 01:39 AM
what shuold we answer to , i want a site like facebook and youtube and wiki combined but i dont know how to do it. can dreamweaver do this or better still would someone write it for me?

DWcourse
12-31-2010, 03:45 AM
what shuold we answer to , i want a site like facebook and youtube and wiki combined but i dont know how to do it. can dreamweaver do this or better still would someone write it for me?

#11 My PayPal account is xxxxxxxx@xxx.com :roll:

Corrosive
12-31-2010, 09:23 AM
I have some stock answers (and am also post Christmas cranky). I'll leave you to imagine the questions...

5. Because it actually takes time to learn how to build a website properly.
6. It is called a favicon.
7. Because you've used absolute positioning on EVERYTHING. Go and learn about floats.
8. Because 'comic sans' isn't on your visitor's computer.
9. Try this; http://validator.w3.org/.
10. Hire a professional because that's what they are for.

Any good? Like the joke btw JC ;)

domedia
01-05-2011, 05:43 PM
11. Learn computer first, then web dev.

Corrosive
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
11. Learn computer first, then web dev. Good call dude.

DWcourse
01-05-2011, 06:49 PM
11. Learn computer first, then web dev.

12. Learn how the web and browsers work second, then web dev.

(although seriously, these might be 1 and 2)