PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

J1MMYD
12-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey guys.

Names Jimmy! New to website development. Still deciding whether to build my sites on CoffeeCup or Dreamweaver.

Can you use Dreamweaver inconjunction with a CMS such as Joomla?

Also if there a section on this forum where people post the links to their websites. Would be cool to see what others have designed purely with the Dreamweaver software.

Nice to meet you all :)

Corrosive
12-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Jimmy and welcome to the forum.

You can indeed use DW in conjunction with Joomla. You will need to set yourself up a testing server on your local machine though. Although I think CS5 you may not need to if you just want to view your design.

A lot of us have our websites/companies in our signatures if you want to see what we get up to with Dreamweaver.

DWcourse
12-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Dreamweaver CS5 will indeed connect to a live php-based site such as Joomla on either a local testing server or a remote site. It will then pull down the necessary files and let you view your page "live" using LiveView. You can then edit the CSS and php (in the code) and see the results. On save you have the option of updating the files on the server.

Of course things work a lot faster if you use a local testing server.

J1MMYD
12-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Hey guys thanks for the quick replies! And i will look out for the sites in your signatures! :mrgreen:

davidj
12-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Dreamweaver CS5 has dedicated support and integration for top CMS's

Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress

http://drupal.org/node/768670