PDA

View Full Version : Help for a noobie

MadMackem
12-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone first of all, i'm new to the site and new to developing as you'll soon find out..lol

I need help on this attached file, the whole website moves 8px to the left when i flick between the home page & INtegr8 page on the services drop down menu.....help

Thx in advance.

Corrosive
12-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Is this online anywhere cos I'm not keen on downloading a zip file from a stranger.

MadMackem
12-16-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm afraid its not online, and i understand your reasons for not wanting to download. If there's another way i can show you please advise. But thanks for enquiring anyway.

The file is good by the way.

Corrosive
12-16-2010, 05:37 PM
The file is good by the way.

Yes, it is fine. If you hadn't come back and shown you were genuine I wouldn't have touched it! The problem you have is that the scrollbar is appearing on the screen when the content is longer than the browser window. You can force the scrollbar to always be there if you change your body CSS styles;

body {
font-family: Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif;
background: #CCC;
margin: 0;
Padding: 0;
overflow-y: scroll;
}

overflow-y:scroll forces the scrollbar. I have seen other people say set a height on the body styles to 101% but I can never quite get that to work but may be worth a try.

Hope that helps & welcome to the forum btw :)

MadMackem
12-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for your time & help, never even thought of the scroll bar. I thought i was going mad not been able to see what was wrong in the code.

Thanks for the welcome to the site.