PDA

View Full Version : Page displaying to wide in IE8, OK in Safari 5.0.2

Dec2010
12-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Hello All,
Thanks for your time.
I am new at creating web pages.
I am using Dreamweaver CS3 build 3481. I realize it is an old version, but it is the one I have.
I am running it on Windows XP Pro, with the latest patches.

I have created a web page and I'm pleased enough to publish it as a starting point.

The problem is that when it is previewed in Safari, the page displays as it looks when I developed it in Dreamweaver. Everything fits on the display...all is good.

However; when I display the page in Internet Explorer 8, it is too wide for the monitor, displaying two thirds of the width of the page and cutting off the other third.

Not sure what to do to resolve the issue. I have searched the forum and haven't seen a thread that has the same problem.

I have searched Adobe for help and did not find the answer. So, I am hoping that someone out there may have experienced the same issue.

You can view the web page at http://frankltrading.com

Thanks for your time tonight!
David

P.S. Not experienced in XML code either. But trying to learn.

DWcourse
12-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Sorry, but using tables for layout isn't considered a good practice anymore. If you really want to create web pages it's time to start learning to use divs and CSS positioning for you layouts.

Dec2010
12-12-2010, 02:07 AM
I picked up on that as I browsed some of the other threads. So, is there a way to salvage my current page while I develop a new one properly using CSS?
I am unfamiliar with Divs right now but will begin to look into it.

DWcourse
12-12-2010, 02:42 PM
well, it should be possible to find the error in your tables-based layout and fix it but it wasn't obvious and the site is down now.