PDA

View Full Version : I dont get it?

msweldy
12-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Im working on a site for myself to save money but it seems as if its causing more headaches.I am completely new to website construction of course,aside from watching tutorials online and reading ebooks.I designed the general layout in P'shop and saved output for web.
I opened it in Dreamweaver and completed doing rollover images for my nav bar,so I thought.Everything looked great in design mode and live view.I used dreamweavers check page>accessibility,it returned almost an error for every line.I checked more info button but even the reference throws me for a loop.I could not find the code making the errors in any of the ebooks I have.
All Ive done was design it,bring it into dreamweaver and do the rollover's.I dont understand why I have some of these errors.here is a brief description of some.actually I cant copy and paste the error codes so that doesnt help.Here is a list of the ebooks Ive been trying to reference:

HTML 4 for Dummies 5th Ed
Dreamweaver CS4 Bible
HTML, XHTML & CSS For Dummies
Web Design For Dummies (2009)
The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS, Ajax, and PHP

Ricky55
12-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately for you there's an hell of a lot more to web design than exporting files from Photoshop which is great as I'd be out of a job otherwise.

You'll never get reliable results creating a web page in this manner. If you are interested in learning web design then you need to learn HTML and CSS and how to code websites properly.

If you are just trying to save money and have no interest I would either get a Pro to do it or just use one of these template built websites that a lot of hosts offer these days or use a hosted WordPress site.

Its just depends on what you want really.

Thanks

Richard

edbr
12-13-2010, 12:19 AM
hi you could also look at free templates and see if there is one you could modify, help is here if you want it and there are some templates here also