PDA

View Full Version : Spry tabbed panels height/resolution issue

spyderwebs
12-09-2010, 03:14 PM
How can i make main content height adjust to fit varying height of spry tabbed panels automatically for different screen resolutions. Ie with 1220 X 768 the panels and main content fill to the bottom of screen but any greater resolution leaves a white space at the bottom. Auto height for main content and container doesn't do it?

spyderwebs
12-11-2010, 10:29 AM
How can i make main content height adjust to fit varying height of spry tabbed panels automatically for different screen resolutions. Ie with 1220 X 768 the panels and main content fill to the bottom of screen but any greater resolution leaves a white space at the bottom. Auto height for main content and container doesn't do it?
I am using a liquid layout with header/footer set to 100%. I have the main content set at 75% with the tab panels 100% within the main. The problem occurs since the panel expands and contracts with screen resolution and hence overlapping ,or not, the main content so I have to set the main content lengh to cope with the smallest( I've chosen 1220px) screen reolution.Hence with larger resolutions/wide screen the main is longer than it needs to be since the panels are now shorter. Obviously i could solve the problem by making the main content a fixed width but it won't produce the same layout/reolution. What's the answer folks??

Corrosive
12-11-2010, 11:16 AM
This is why liquid layouts can be very tricky to get right. Personally I go fixed width.

spyderwebs
12-11-2010, 11:29 AM
yes i could but surely the problem is only because I have a % width for the main content

Corrosive
12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
yes i could but surely the problem is only because I have a % width for the main content

My post wasn't really an answer but an observation. I was just saying I avoid % widths because they are hard to control. Mixed px width and % width I find even harder. I'm sure someone will be able to help you though.