PDA

View Full Version : Image problem

azzzu
12-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi,

I have created a bar to place in my header, i say banner, because i have my logo and name in the left, and i have to use another image in the right side.

When i put it up, i have two problems

1. The image that i have on the right side does not go all the way to the right in IE and Chrome. Only in Firefox, not sure what i can do about this.

2. The resolution i have been told is not good because some people depending on their screen resolutions see it somewhat distorted. I exported direclty from CorelDraw and i have tried different ways to do it and it's always the same. Any ideas please?

The only code i have in the header is 0 0 for padding.

I need this image to be the width of the page.

It can be seen here www.ecokala.com I should also mention that i have a second item in the header, a spry menu, would this be distorting things? :)

Thanks!

Corrosive
12-08-2010, 06:24 PM
OK, first question is why use a liquid layout for what looks like a fixed width design/layout with that border box round the outside?

azzzu
12-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi, I am not sure, i was following a tutorial from thesitewizard..... should I not?

What i understood is that a fixed layout would not have worked with different people's screen resolutions.....and that liquid was better....

Corrosive
12-09-2010, 06:02 AM
What i understood is that a fixed layout would not have worked with different people's screen resolutions.....and that liquid was better....

Not at all. Agreed that fluid will change with browser size or screen res but, if you stick to a fixed width of 960px or less, you should be on safe enough ground. Your site looks fixed but your approach is liquid. It's making it all a bit odd.