PDA

View Full Version : Adwords Experiences

Corrosive
12-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Has anyone used Google Adwords before and do you have any helpful advice, tips and (dare I say) tricks for getting good use out of it? I imagine I'll have some more specific questions sooner rather than later but any 'noob' stuff to look out for?

Corrosive
12-06-2010, 07:12 PM
OK, I lied. I do have some more specific questions!

Should you have one campaign with multiple ads and lots of keywords/phrases and let Google sort the correct ad or would you select your own words/phrases and apply them specifically yourself?
Would you put prices on ad copy?
Is it better to have loads of keywords/phrases or just a few?
What budget should I set and should I set CPC bids myself or let Google do it?
Should I aim local or national?

edbr
12-07-2010, 01:07 AM
I have a limited amount of experience so i can only give my thoughts on it
I find it depends much on the product and it's price. But generally
1. I would not let google loose, it like saying to a night 'butterfly" my wallet is on the sideboard help your self. use the keyword tools and make your on choices , tweaking as you go.
2. You are looking for best returns not just clicks, the most realistic keyword that represents real potential customers should be perhaps higher . Selective marketing if you like which to me always deserves more of a budget
3. kinda answered above
4. depends on the product. if you are promoting a northhampton driving school or a left handed giggle pin that the whole world wants for $10 go for broke

edbr
12-07-2010, 03:32 AM
and of course peek at what your best competitors are doing. see pm

Corrosive
12-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks Ed. Seems like another massive learning curve to tame. Just the usual time and patience required!

davidj
12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Where do I get a left handed giggle pin? Isn't that hand-ist?