PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 problem

theboss
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi, I have an issue with dw 8 on vista.

Recently, the standard and document toolbars have vanished and when i try to click to view them they are greyed out.

This has never happened before and i have tried to uninstall and reinstall but still the same problem.

Also, when i reinstalled it didnt give me the option to enter my serial number but appears to load up with my old settings??

theboss
12-05-2010, 12:05 PM
dont worry, i've sorted it!

Corrosive
12-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Care to share the answer in case anyone else has the same problem?

jmichae3
12-08-2010, 07:19 AM
If you have problems again and you can't seem to get things resolved, this should be a sure-fire fix. the instructions are different for CS5 because the registry entries are different and the folders are different. I have Macromedia Studio 8 which includes DW8.

one thing you can try in order to fix stuff like this, is
[windows-logo-flag-key]-R regedt32 [Enter] (run regedit)

browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\ and look somewhere in Dreamweaver 8 for your sites. when you find the containing folder, do File, Export, click My Documents, and for the filename put dw8-sites and hit [Enter].

uninstall the program.

go back into regedt32 (hope it's still running) and delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\ (the dreamweaver 8 key/folder or whatever it's called is what you want to delete, might just be Dreamweaver) and delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\

close regedt32.

[windows-logo-flag-key]-E to bring up windows explorer or do start, my computer. then browse to c:\program files\macromedia\ and delete the Dreamweaver 8 folder. you have uninstalled the program, so there shouldn't be anything there. but sometimes uninstallers leave files behind and they need help cleaning up.

If you don't know what you are doing with the registry and you think you might mess things up, then get an expert to help you.