PDA

View Full Version : Put It question

apusalkantay
12-03-2010, 05:52 PM
After I edit text, I click on ďPut Ití to have it go on the web site. However, what happens is that everything on the web site is picked up to go on the web site, not just the edited text. I am not website-knowledgeable so I use the existing codes and do my editing between them. Someone who is knowledgeable originally put the codes in place so I donít need to change those as they are correct. All that I want to know is how to put the edited text on the web site without having the whole web site going along with it.

Thank you.

Corrosive
12-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Just upload the page you have changed. I believe you right-click on it and select 'put'.

apusalkantay
12-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Thank you for replying so quickly. I just went back in and right-clicked on the edited text. It did not "put it". It asked again if I wanted to put the entire site and that is not what I want to do. If you can give me more help, I would very much appreciate it.

edbr
12-03-2010, 11:54 PM
if the page is open using f12 should put that file only.

DWcourse
12-04-2010, 12:34 AM
You can't put chunks of text. You can only put complete files.

edbr
12-04-2010, 01:07 AM
as i read it, the poster was having problemsin that the whole site was being uploaded

DWcourse
12-04-2010, 02:32 AM
as i read it, the poster was having problemsin that the whole site was being uploaded

Then it could be he has the site folder selected in the local files window when clicks the put icon. I can't think of another way to load the whole site but I believe you get a warning dialog before it uploads.

Corrosive
12-04-2010, 09:05 AM
You can just go file >> save to remote server if you are doing one page I think.