PDA

View Full Version : Form programming

Chapo
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
OK.... i used the forum tools for creating a simple form. I made a few inputs like name, email, adress, text area and the submit button. Now thats its made, how can i make it work so people can coment to me through it ?

Thanks and Kuros

Chapo
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I just found here in the site some info about the php code, but not sure where to put the php, is it in the header or body ? Is there also a script for this in the header to add like the css ?

This is the link i'm using:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php

Ricky55
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
The PHP script can be located in any folder on your site but typically people put them in a folder called scripts. I do any way.

You then tell the form where the PHP script is located in the <form> tag. This looks like

<form method="post" action="scripts/yourScript.php">
</form>

davidj
11-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Ah Chapo

You should have taken those PHP lessons!! :wink:

Chapo
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey David, i was suposed to take those lessons, but i find out my wife was having another baby, so it took my time away again... 2 straight girls in less than 15 months.. hehe... i was thinking in taking thos lessons in december, i will have more time. Thats my present for Xmas...!!!

Chapo
11-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks Ricky... that really helped...!!!! Do you have a more complete code so i could compare with mine..? I'm having problems with the submit button and the code for it to go to my email.

Ricky55
12-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Email me mate and I'll provide you with the HTML and a working script that you will be able to edit easily.

richard@qwerty-design.co.uk

Chapo
12-01-2010, 02:11 AM
Dude, your site is awsome... really nice and simple and organized....!!!!
Mine is still under cinstruction.... www.graphicempire.com