PDA

View Full Version : Masking an Image in Dreamweaver

CompuMaster
11-27-2010, 06:06 AM
I have been looking for a way to do a image mask in Dreamweaver. Is this possible? A script or extension?

Basically what I want to do is to have a image that is transparent and have the visitors to the website be able to click on it and move it over fixed images. Doing so the image of the fixed image will be seen through the transparent image.

CompuMaster
11-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Strange lots of readers but know one has anything to offer or say. I thought this was a forum for Dreamweaver...

edbr
11-30-2010, 07:14 AM
yes but we use it for web design not as an image editor

gentleone
11-30-2010, 07:31 AM
look into jQuery drag 'n drop.
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/resources/drag-drop-jquery-plugins/

Corrosive
11-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes, you are going to have to step outside of Dreamweaver functionality for this and look at JQuery as gentleone suggests.

So I thought this was a forum for Dreamweaver...is a fair statement, as it is. You just need to understand what it can and can't do ;)

CompuMaster
11-30-2010, 08:55 AM
To EdBr,

I understand Dreamweaver is not a image editor. But I am trying to add a movable image to a website. Something along the lines of doing a mask in Photoshop.

To gentleone & Corrosive I thank you for the suggestion to take a look at JQuery Drag&Drop and for the link. Very much appreciated. Maybe next time I can use some of my knowledge and help someone else on this website.

Thank You,
CompuMaster

DWcourse
11-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Gentleone's jquery suggestion is a good one.

However to stay with Dreamweaver, use a transparent png file for your overlay image (so you get true transparency), place it as an AP (absolutely positioned) element and use the Drag AP element behavior.

BTW, there's no "mask" function yet in HTML.

CompuMaster
12-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Thank You to those who have helped. I believe the JQuery's DragandDrop feature will do what I am looking to do.