PDA

View Full Version : swf background

ShadowArcher
11-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi. I have a clock swf which I would like to have ticking away in the background of my web page, with all my text over the top. I'm fairly sure it's not as simple as setting a background image, but I wondered if it was possible.

Perhaps it is simply a case of messing around with divs and z-indexes? Is it even possible to have anything overlaying flash like that? As I type, I remember seeing something about making swf transparent, so maybe I'll just do that and then it won't matter if it is technically in front of my text. I think I may have just answered my own question, but I'll post anyway and see if anyone knows of an easier way.

Thanks

Ricky55
11-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Yes it is possible.You answered your own question you need to use wmode transparent in the params of your embed code. You also need to absolutely position your elements and use z index.

davidj
11-30-2010, 12:13 PM
As far as i know you cant have a flash background

Ricky, what you describe is to have flash float over content of a site and for the background of the flash movie be transparent.

gentleone
11-30-2010, 12:36 PM
It is possible according to this guy:
http://manos.malihu.gr/flash-background-with-html-content

Ricky55
12-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Yes it is David but it achieves the effect he wants I think. I also didn't think it was possible to have Flash as a background.

I'll have a look at that link.

ShadowArcher
12-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Yes, what Ricky said (or rather what I said and he agreed with!) does get the effect I want, since in this case it is simply an analogue clock and so transparency is fine. I have that working now. That link though should be very helpful in the future, if my currently-frozen brain can work out how to implement it all. Thank you :)